Anybody use a taxi squad before?

Homepage Forums Dynasty Anybody use a taxi squad before?

• This topic has 6 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 12 months ago by Smitty.
Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Swampies

In my new dynasty flex league we are using a 2 player taxi squad. We can add and drop these players but can not trade them unless you activate them to your regular roster which means you either drop a existing player or put a player on IR. I’m curious if anyone has used a taxi squad before and is it worth having it in the league? The only benefit I see is that player you feel good about will develop into a great player but you don’t want to waste a roster spot until that happens.

Charles Fox
      Participant

Never used one. How big is your active roster and how many injury spots?

At SleeperU we have 25 + 5 IR.

In my other D-League we have 28 + 3 ANY INJURY spots. Although it is only 10 teams, so only 280 players are rostered with no injuries. Might be good to have some additional stashes.

madewebr
      Participant

My dynasty league has used a taxi squad since the inception of the league back in 2010. We have 48-man rosters (includes IDP) and the taxi squad has 7 reserved spots. The taxi squad does not count against the 48-man active roster and can only be used for rookies taken in the rookie draft. If you promote someone to the active roster mid-season, you must drop someone from the active roster and you permanently lose that taxi squad spot for the season. After the season is over, you have to move all the rookies off the taxi squad and onto the permanent roster…so you have to decide who to keep and who to drop.

It’s worked for our league, so we have just kept it in place throughout the years.

iceman
      Participant

I have been in leagues with Taxi squads, great place to stash guys you have hope for but no roster spot for. A guy Like Hendon Hooker comes to mind. Can be very useful, have picked up some starters for late round picks over the years.

Swampies
      On madewebr said

<p>My dynasty league has used a taxi squad since the inception of the league back in 2010. We have 48-man rosters (includes IDP) and the taxi squad has 7 reserved spots. The taxi squad does not count against the 48-man active roster and can only be used for rookies taken in the rookie draft. If you promote someone to the active roster mid-season, you must drop someone from the active roster and you permanently lose that taxi squad spot for the season. After the season is over, you have to move all the rookies off the taxi squad and onto the permanent roster…so you have to decide who to keep and who to drop.</p>
      <p>It’s worked for our league, so we have just kept it in place throughout the years.</p>

That’s exactly how’s ours works as well. Rosters are 25 players not including the two taxi players on the side.

Have you found that you wanted someone else’s taxi player and wanted them to move their player to trade for them? Or is something that never occurs?

Charles Fox
      Participant
      On iceman said

<p>I have been in leagues with Taxi squads, great place to stash guys you have hope for but no roster spot for. A guy Like Hendon Hooker comes to mind. Can be very useful, have picked up some starters for late round picks over the years.</p>

I got Hooker for my 5.03. I am happy with that dart throw, but no taxi squad

Smitty
      Keymaster
      On Swampies said

In my new dynasty flex league we are using a 2 player taxi squad. We can add and drop these players but can not trade them unless you activate them to your regular roster which means you either drop a existing player or put a player on IR. I’m curious if anyone has used a taxi squad before and is it worth having it in the league? The only benefit I see is that player you feel good about will develop into a great player but you don’t want to waste a roster spot until that happens.

Yeah, I think it’s somewhat pointless, why not just add 2 more spots vs have taxi squads IMO. I think in dynasty it makes little sense. The only time it makes sense, and this is maybe where it was created, is when let’s say a player has 3 years of keeper value you can delay starting the clock if you keep someone on the taxi squad their entire rookie year and get a fresh 3 years starting their second year. That is what I like it for.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.