Auction Draft

Homepage Forums Redraft Auction Draft

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Michael Dyck
      Participant

I’m participating in my first auction draft this year. It’s Half Ppr. We start 3wr 2rb 1qb 1te 2flex. No kicker or Defence. $200 budget. Is there any type of attack strategy you suggest? Thanks.

Charles Fox
      Participant

Half PPR, how many teams? Dynasty or redraft? What is the minimum opening bid. I would offer players that I don’t necessarily want, but, that I would be happy to have at the minimum bid. Probably use Smitty’s pricing.

I have only been in one auction way back in 2010. Had a $300 limit, but because everyone was brand new to the auction format we allowed $0 dollar bids. I got AP for 66, McCoy for $40 and Lynch for $0. Did not make the Super Bowl in 2010. Lost the 2011 Super Bowl. Then nearly 5-Peated from 2012 through 2016. Andrew Luck screwed my in 2014. Made lots of trades and was in the Super Bowl through 2019. Been a struggle since.

I would still go after RBs early. Maybe Jefferson and Chase

Michael Dyck
      Participant

Yes it’s half ppr. 12 teams. $200 budget. So they split the players up into pods based on the comissioners rankings. Top 50. 50 to 150 and the rest. After a g is drawn from each pod then one uy gets to nominate a player and the sequence continues till all teams are full. Minimum opening bid is up to first guy who auctionneer deems to have raised his paddle stick. I definitely agree with smittys dollar value ranking for sure. Just curious at how people attack an auction. I’ve been the auctioneer multiple times and finally a spot has opened. It’s a high stakes (entry $250) league too. Appreciate your help.

Z-Dubbs
      Participant

Get two studs and then sit for a while. Don’t overpay for QB as people blow their budget early and you see complete steals for guys at 1/2 price.

Good luck.

Charles Fox
      Participant
      On Chris Zinkel said

<p>Get two studs and then sit for a while. Don’t overpay for QB as people blow their budget early and you see complete steals for guys at 1/2 price.</p>
      <p>Good luck.</p>

SO TRUE!

wh0urdady
      Participant

Nominate players who will eat up a lot of budget that you have no interest in taking. Usually the first player from that group will be the cheapest as it kinda sets the price going forward, but also watch the price you have set, it could go well over budget as well. Have a price you are willing to pay for each player, notice players that you like who are well under your value.

Charles Fox
      Participant
      On wh0urdady said

<p>Nominate players who will eat up a lot of budget that you have no interest in taking. Usually the first player from that group will be the cheapest as it kinda sets the price going forward, but also watch the price you have set, it could go well over budget as well. Have a price you are willing to pay for each player, notice players that you like who are well under your value.</p>

THIS ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Michael Dyck
      Participant

Thanks for the comments everyone. Much appreciated for you wisdom and outlooks.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.