Caleb Williams

Homepage Forums Dynasty Caleb Williams

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
      DrOberho
      Participant

Only five first round picks have not signed their contracts and the bears have two of them Rome and Caleb are two out of the five.

Caleb is not focusing on what he should be but it isn’t surprising that the bears are a clown show when it comes to QB development and offense in general .

The beats should have fired their HC the minute they got the first overall pick and then hired a staff centered around the QB development

Charles Fox
      Participant

Yup… I have Caleb on my DO NOT DRAFT list. Besides his situation he is a self-absorbed jerk.

I just traded for pick 1.04 in an upcoming draft with the hope of snagging JD5. I have Josh Allen, Herbert and Levis and am worried about my depth.

If JD5 is gone I probably am not going to take Odunze although I like him a lot. Probably will take Brooks or Benson since that draft is for a NoPPR league and I already have Pitts, Kincaid and Hockenson

Rob Fisher
      Participant

What’s everyone thoughts on Drake Maye?

Rob Lazer
      Participant

I am a little wishy washy on Caleb myself. Like Charles said, I believe that he is full of himself and very immature for a 1st overall pick in a draft. But it’s not the first time that this has happened. If the Bears can put the right people from a mentor stand point around him, he should succeed. Will he ever be Pat Mahomes, No! He could definitely be a top 10 qb, possible Crack top 5 territory. If he doesn’t get the right people around him from a coaching/ mentor standpoint/ being to grow as a person, he will end up being the next Trevor Lawrence as a worst case scenario. I don’t see him being the next Kenny Pickett, but I am willing to hold my beer.

Rob Lazer
      Participant

It’s gonna take a few years to see what Drake Maye really is, just because the Patriots from a talent stand point have a very empty cupboard. His passing completion % for his final season of college was rather discouraging, so I am leaning towards him being the next Mitch Trubisky. Just kidding or am I. Hopefully he can be a top 15 qb someday, but probably not.

DrOberho
      Participant

I traded back up in our dynasty draft to get JD5 at the 1.6 . I had the 1.4 and took Brock Bowers .

Caleb went 1.3 and I was worried the commish in our league was going to take Brock and was relieved when he didn’t .

To get JD5 . I traded Rachaad white for the 2.2 pick and then I packaged that pick with a future first 2025 to get JD5. My pick will most likely be a 1.9 to 1.12 range so I am not getting a player like JD5 in that range next year.

I am not a Drake Maye fan but comes from a great family of athletes . But I see it going fifty fifty for his success .

Caleb is so immature but talented but his head is not on straight and the bears didn’t get him offensive staff but they did get him weapons but they don’t have the coaching to go with those weapons .

Swampies

Chicago as a whole needs to learn what the Texans were able to accomplish. They played as a team which seems simple to do but when you create a culture of losing like Chicago has you tend to point fingers at problems and not try to create solutions. I for one do not trust this organization yet in believing they can turn the page towards winning. I hope I’m wrong though because a team like the Bear’s shouldn’t be a one trick pony like it has been.

DrOberho
      Participant

Hey Smitty , the following news does show that Caleb does have some wisdom or someone advising him financially well …

Caleb Williams considered innovative tax strategies during negotiations for his rookie contract with the Chicago Bears, including being paid through an LLC and structuring payments as forgivable loans.

Via ProFootballTalk.

#NFL #CalebWilliams #Bears

That is actually some good innovative thinking that isn’t a distraction. I am not a Caleb fan but this actually shows some good fundamental understanding of taxes and if the new administration puts in their tax plan then being paid by an LLC IS EVEN A WISER MOVE.

Charles Fox
      Participant
      On DrOberho said

<p>Hey Smitty , the following news does show that Caleb does have some wisdom or someone advising him financially well …</p>
      <p>Caleb Williams considered innovative tax strategies during negotiations for his rookie contract with the Chicago Bears, including being paid through an LLC and structuring payments as forgivable loans.</p>
      <p>Via ProFootballTalk.</p>
      <p>#NFL #CalebWilliams #Bears</p>
      <p>That is actually some good innovative thinking that isn’t a distraction. I am not a Caleb fan but this actually shows some good fundamental understanding of taxes and if the new administration puts in their tax plan then being paid by an LLC IS EVEN A WISER MOVE. </p>

Doesn’t change the fact that he’s a self-absorbed jerk

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.