CMC a risk?

Homepage Forums Redraft CMC a risk?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Smitty
      Keymaster

Let me start off by saying that no one is suggesting that Christian McCaffrey can’t be the RB1 overall in 2023. Clearly CMC has the ideal offense in SF, and the workload is his, but I think it’s important to acknowledge that most all of us had MAJOR doubts about CMC playing even one more elite season walking into Week 1 of last season. Then he was traded to the 49ers. The change in scenery has revived the guy’s prominence and here he sits atop all fantasy football running backs yet again walking into 2023… READ MORE

Wutthecrapman

From what i’ve seen and we know. CMC produces, even with a smaller load. In the 10 games he played for the 9ers (excluding his first game which was on a snap count) he caught 50 balls off 63 targets. 6.3 targets per game. 151 carries for 614 yards. He was a clear cut top 5 RB1 and had 10 of his 13 TDs wearing a 49ers Jersey. He’s a save lock for a top 3 pick when healthy. Highest ceiling of any RB imo. Dude still got it.

Smitty
      Keymaster
      On Wutthecrapman said

From what i’ve seen and we know. CMC produces, even with a smaller load. In the 10 games he played for the 9ers (excluding his first game which was on a snap count) he caught 50 balls off 63 targets. 6.3 targets per game. 151 carries for 614 yards. He was a clear cut top 5 RB1 and had 10 of his 13 TDs wearing a 49ers Jersey. He’s a save lock for a top 3 pick when healthy. Highest ceiling of any RB imo. Dude still got it.

Yeah, I take him at three sometimes but honestly I like Bijan more.

Smitty
      Keymaster

Anyone else have a take on this?

Charles Fox
      Participant

A LOT of mouths to feed in SF. Two of them were hurt a big chunk of last year and CMC has never been the picture of health. Maybe that is why he only had 10 bench reps at his combine.

I still have not gotten past how he only had 10 reps. That turned me off his rookie year

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.