ETN workload concern?

Homepage Forums News ETN workload concern?

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      Smitty
      Keymaster

Lots of rumblings, not from the actual team (just from best writers), that ETN won’t be used as much in 2023. Thoughts? I think they throw to him more, last year was his first year playing, his ppr role isn’t cemented in yet.

Charles Fox
      Participant

Hmmm… The presence of Bigsby is concerning. I think that Bigsby is a COP, but worry that he will get some of the goal line work. Don’t think that Bigsby gets redzone work until the Jags are inside the 5.

FarFromHome
      Participant

Seems like silly talk to me. The normal rb usage should be to give your 300 carries until he breaks down. Then repeat with another RB. This “let’s limit usage” stuff is silly. Play your best RB. Period.

Charles Fox
      Participant

PREACH FFH!

Wutthecrapman

He was never a significant carries guy anyways. Tank doesn’t scate me. He’ll be fine

Hess
      Participant

I think this is similar to Walker-Charbonett but more of a 70-30 split vs like 60-40

Smitty
      Keymaster
      On Hess said

I think this is similar to Walker-Charbonett but more of a 70-30 split vs like 60-40

Yeah, and maybe less out the gate, too, as rookies take a bit when they aren’t the starter. Wouldn’t be shocked to see Charbs get no time at first.

Charles Fox
      Participant

Probably will make this a separate thread, but am posting here because I own Etienne.

So, in my 10-Team NoPPR Max 3 keeper league I can keep both Etienne and Walker for my 2023 6th and 9th round picks respectively. I am not too worried about Tank, but Charbs scares me for keeping Walker even for my 9th. But, since it is only a 15 man roster with 1 any-injury slot, Should I also be worried about Etienne?

Here is my current team with prospective keeper costs. Players with ADP won’t have their cost determined until a few days before the draft. I cleaned out my team favor of prospective keepers. If I keep JT then I can only keep one of the others. Normally I keep RBs becaus3e it is NoPPR, but with all the questions surrounding Etienne and Walker, that may change this year.

Had been planning to keep Etienne and Walker and maybe Wilson

Jonathan Taylor – 1st
      Travis Etienne 6th
      Kenneth Walker III – 9th
      J.K. Dobbins – 11th
      Rachaad White – 15th
      Miles Sanders – 15th
      James Cook -15th
      D’Onta Foreman – 15th
      Rashaad Penny – 15th
      Raheem Mostert – 15th
      Khalil Herbert – 15th
      Elijah Mitchell – ADP
      Javonte Williams – ADP
      DeAndre Hopkins 15th
      Garrett Wilson 15th
      Justin Fields 15th

Wutthecrapman

ETN is what we all loved about Gibbs this year. Explosiveness.

Chris Zinkel
      Participant

If you live in this camp…https://www.google.com/search?q=mortimer+buy+buy+buy&oq=mortimer+buy+buy+buy&aqs=chrome..69i57j33i160l3j33i299l2.7719j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8#fpstate=ive&vld=cid:a488a42e,vid:i2uu6NF2inY

Call me the Jackson 5 as I’ll be there…Too much history between The Law and him. He is going to be just fine.

I guess the question might be…if you are concerned about those comments – what does he fall to – Top 10/15/20? He is probably a mid/late 2nd or early 3rd in redraft. That is his value as the other guys in that range are committee backs as well so his value is baked in.

Smitty
      Keymaster

I think people will be shocked how much more PPR work he gets, which IMO could be what the coach speak is suggesting. I love ETN and you can cuff him to Tank Bigsby easily.

Smitty
      Keymaster

I think people will be shocked how much more PPR work he gets, which IMO could be what the coach speak is suggesting. I love ETN and you can cuff him to Tank Bigsby easily.

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.