Kenny Walker… What to do, what to do, what to do?

Homepage Forums Trades Kenny Walker… What to do, what to do, what to do?

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • Author
      Charles Fox
      Participant

I own Walker and THOUGHT I was all set at the end of last year. Now, I have my doubts.

League is 10 Teams / No-PPR / Roster = 28 Players + 3 Any-Injury slots.

But, I have to reduce my roster to 23 players right before the Labor Day draft. So any players I can’t sell are likely ones that I will have to cut. Consequently, I can afford to overpay to get prime draft picks.

So, I am considering offering Walker + Cook + Kamara + 1.08 FOR 1.01 + 2.01. Won’t make any offer until just prior to the cut-down date and after the Cook and Kamara situations are resolved. Thoughts?

MY TEAM
      QB
      Josh Allen
      Justin Herbert
      Russell Wilson
      Sam Howell – Cut?
      RB
      Breece Hall
      Kenneth Walker III
      Tony Pollard
      J.K. Dobbins
      Dalvin Cook – Trade?
      Alvin Kamara – Trade?
      Alexander Mattison – Trade?
      Ezekiel Elliott – Trade?
      WR
      CeeDee Lamb
      A.J. Brown
      Christian Watson
      Chris Godwin
      Calvin Ridley
      Nico Collins
      Alec Pierce
      Romeo Doubs
      Darnell Mooney – Trade?
      Rashid Shaheed – Cut?
      Chase Claypool – Trade?
      Terrace Marshall Jr – Cut?
      TE
      Kyle Pitts
      Mark Andrews
      T.J. Hockenson
      Jelani Woods
      DST
      Jets – DST
      Buccaneers – Cut?
      K
      Jason Myers
      2023 Draft Picks

HIS TEAM
      QB
      Trevor Lawrence
      Deshaun Watson
      Jared Goff
      Jimmy Garoppolo
      Zach Wilson
      RB
      Cam Akers
      Khalil Herbert
      Leonard Fournette
      James Robinson
      Isaiah Spiller
      Zonovan Knight
      WR
      DK Metcalf
      Michael Pittman
      Michael Thomas
      Tyler Boyd
      Rashod Bateman
      Darius Slayton
      Michael Gallup
      Justyn Ross
      Russell Gage
      TE
      Isaiah Likely
      Logan Thomas
      Zach Ertz
      K
      Justin Tucker
      Jake Elliott
      DST
      Chiefs
      Bills
      2023 Draft Picks
      5.01+K53KL2:L85

• This topic was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by Charles Fox.
      Charles Fox
      Participant

copying and pasting from Excel is nearly impossible

Z-Dubbs
      Participant

Strong hold! Why not offer the 4 noted trade RB’s and Mooney plus picks for his picks? Keep Walker as he is the best on that list long term. If they don’t bite – add walker and remove your 2nd from the option.

Charles Fox
      Participant
      On Chris Zinkel said

<p>Strong hold! Why not offer the 4 noted trade RB’s and Mooney plus picks for his picks? Keep Walker as he is the best on that list long term. If they don’t bite – add walker and remove your 2nd from the option.</p>

Hey Chris. I won’t open the discussion with Walker. I just imagine it will take Walker to “git ‘er done” My goal is to get Bijan OR Gibbs and move on from the aging and injured RBs. That trade above gave up my 1.08 and takes his 2.01 which is only 3 picks later in a 10-Team format. Pretty sure that I won’t succeed at getting 1.01 without giving back 1.08

• This reply was modified 1 year, 3 months ago by Charles Fox.
      Charles Fox
      Participant

I really want to sell Mooney and Claypool too. Not sure that they have much appeal to him, BUT if Fields hits ONE of them might be productive. I just don’t don’t believe in Fields and Mooney is a dwarf-like while Claypool is Baron of Gray Matter… Old 3 Stooges line.

Z-Dubbs
      Participant
      On Charles Fox said

<p>I really want to sell Mooney and Claypool too. Not sure that they have much appeal to him, BUT if Fields hits ONE of them might be productive. I just don’t don’t believe in Fields and Mooney is a dwarf-like while Claypool is Baron of Gray Matter… Old 3 Stooges line. </p>

<be>

Mooney may have value if you sell it hard but he is more a WR4. Claypool is a best ball guy – at best – that will have 1-2 big games and the rest…farts in the mouth. Watch…he will break out and become Jefferson this season after my KOD statement.

Charles Fox
      Participant
      On Chris Zinkel said
      On Charles Fox said

<p><p>I really want to sell Mooney and Claypool too. Not sure that they have much appeal to him, BUT if Fields hits ONE of them might be productive. I just don’t don’t believe in Fields and Mooney is a dwarf-like while Claypool is Baron of Gray Matter… Old 3 Stooges line. </p>
      </p>

<p><be></p>
      <p>Mooney may have value if you sell it hard but he is more a WR4. Claypool is a best ball guy – at best – that will have 1-2 big games and the rest…farts in the mouth. Watch…he will break out and become Jefferson this season after my KOD statement.</p>

LOL… farts in the mouth! That pretty much sums up my experience with Claypool. I had SO much hope for him.

I sold Claypool during our May draft. Deal was MY 1.03 + AJ Dillon + Claypool FOR HIS 1.04 + 2.02 + 3.02. I did not want JSN at 1.03, but would have taken him at 1.04. So at 1.04 I took Quentin Johnston, at 2.02 I took Stroud followed by Achane at 2.03 AND at 3.02 I took Abanikanda (handcuff to Breece) followed by Sean Tucker at 3.03. I also sold Damien Harris for 2.10 and got Marvin Mims.

This team should finish better than 10th, but won’t contend, which is why I was willing to part with AJ Dillon. Claypool… ya in the words of Donna Summer “Enough is enough”

I have to cut 5 from the roster below before the start of the season. Cuts under consideration are noted. Want to keep Chandler, Strong and Austin. Hope I can trade them. Chandler should be the RB2 as should Strong. Austin is a DWARF with extraordinary metrics.
      QB
      Lawrence, Trevor JAC
      C.J. Stroud HOU
      Hendon Hooker DET
      White, Mike MIA – CUT?
      Wilson, Zach NYJ – CUT?
      RB
      Hall, Breece NYJ
      Pierce, Dameon HOU
      White, Rachaad TB
      Devon Achane
      Israel Abanikanda
      Sean Tucker
      Carter, Michael NYJ
      Chandler, Ty MIN – CUT?
      Strong Jr., Pierre NE – CUT?
      WR
      Metcalf, DK SEA
      Quentin Johnston
      Marvin Mims
      Collins, Nico HOU
      Pierce, Alec IND
      Marshall, Terrace CAR
      Metchie, John HOU
      Austin III, Calvin PIT – CUT?
      Shaheed, Rashid NO
      TE
      Pitts, Kyle ATL
      Schultz, Dalton HOU
      Knox, Dawson BUF
      Woods, Jelani IND
      DST
      Cowboys DAL
      Jaguars JAC
      K
      Patterson, Riley JAC

Rob Lazer
      Participant

If I am the owner of the other team that has 1.01, your offer would be a hard pass. Kenneth Walker is a nice starting point, but offering two bandaids and swapping 11 for 8 overall should have this team owner hitting the reject button with a quickness. Maybe if you offered him something like 1.08, Walker, Hockenson, and Marshall Jr for 1.01 and 2.01, he might find it easier to part with Bijan.

Charles Fox
      Participant
      On Rob Lazer said

<p>If I am the owner of the other team that has 1.01, your offer would be a hard pass. Kenneth Walker is a nice starting point, but offering two bandaids and swapping 11 for 8 overall should have this team owner hitting the reject button with a quickness. Maybe if you offered him something like 1.08, Walker, Hockenson, and Marshall Jr for 1.01 and 2.01, he might find it easier to part with Bijan.</p>

Thanks Rob. W4e will have to see how Cook and Kamara turn out. If they have good situations their value will increase. With only 10 players (including DST and K) starting the other team might be pretty close to contending if Walker, Cook and Kamara were added to his team.

I won’t make the offer until shortly before the keeper (23) due date. As mentioned I have to trim 8 players from my current roster so I can afford to sell at bargain basement prices. Sure wish the Cook ad Kamara situations were already resolved.

Smitty
      Keymaster

Bijan > Walker+Kamara+Dalvin… if I have that right. The 1.8 swap with the 2.1 isn’t something I love, but Bijan is worth it. If I have that right from above.

Smitty
      Keymaster

Chris is giving some good advice, though, it’s a good topic.

Charles Fox
      Participant
      On Smitty said

<p>Chris is giving some good advice, though, it’s a good topic.</p>

Thanks Smitty. I will not send any offers until late August. Cut down happens on September 2nd. By then, it might be that Cook’s and Kamara’s values will have improved.

If I can’t sell Cook, he could become my RB1 for my championship push what with questions surrounding how much injuries and rivals may affect the usage of Breece, Pollard and Walker.

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.