Marvin Mims vs. “Tank” Dell – GIMME MARV!

Homepage Forums Dynasty Marvin Mims vs. “Tank” Dell – GIMME MARV!

Is chuckeycharles an idiot who has no business playing fantasy football?

You must be logged in to participate.
  • Yes... he is a blithering idiot who has no ability to evaluate football video
  • Maybe not an idiot... I don't see any reason for special love for Dell, certainly not more than for Mims
Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Charles Fox
      Participant

So I have been following the rookie rankings from various sites, 3 of which are pay sites (Smitty, DLF and PFF) and most of which have been updated within the last few days.

Last looksie had
      1. Marvin Mims ranging between 11 to 22 (specifically 11, 14, 20, 13, 13, 13, [19 (SF)], 22,) – EXCEPT FOR SMITTY WHO HAS HIM AT 75 (45 if you assign all the $1.00 players at the same rank)
      2. Tank Dell ranging between 28 to 36 (specifically 28, 36, 32, 28, 26, 28, [32 (SF)], 28) – EXCEPT FOR SMITTY WHO HAS HIM AT 10

I don’t get the outpouring of love for Tank Dell
      1. Mims played in the Big 12 (Power 5) Dell played in the American Athletic conference that he apparently tore up… against WHO
      2. Mims’ metrics as available from Combine and Pro Day performances are all superior to Dell EXCEPT their 10-yard times were both 1.50 which tied them for 3rd for WRs at the Combine
      3. While neither fit my prototype for WR, Mims is 5.10.7 / 183 and Dell is 5.08.3 / 165 – Mims is not a giant, but Dell is a DWARF
      4. Watching the film I was able to find I see nothing that Dell does that Mims does not also do. I did not see all that much wiggle from Dell. I certainly don’t Tyreek Junior.
      5. Both are currently 4th on their NFL depth charts. Both could see playing time.
      a. From what I have read, Denver has CAP issues that could lead to the departure of Jeudy. I can see Mims being the WR2 even if Jeudy stays put.
      b. Houston has an aging Woods. I don’t see Dell beating out Nico Collins or Methchie.

To be honest, I never looked at film of Dell until today because I had already eliminated him from consideration because of his size.

What am I missing?

• This topic was modified 10 months, 1 week ago by Charles Fox.
      Chris Zinkel
      Participant

Great Post and I like the points. I don’t claim to know much about either as I don’t see either being a WR2 this year for fantasy of which who cares. I could see caring more for some of the big keeper bench leagues people are talking about.

I do look forward to a rebuttal. My popcorn is in the microwave…

Charles Fox
      Participant
      On Chris Zinkel said

<p>Great Post and I like the points. I don’t claim to know much about either as I don’t see either being a WR2 this year for fantasy of which who cares. I could see caring more for some of the big keeper bench leagues people are talking about. </p>
      <p>I do look forward to a rebuttal. My popcorn is in the microwave…</p>

Hey Chris… I agree, neither is likely to be fantasy relevant this year unless injury or players move to other teams. I am thinking from a dynasty league perspective. I was ecstatic to get Mims at pick 22 especially with so many sites ranking him higher.

Admittedly, I take a dim view of WRs that are less than 5’10”. Even 5’10” stretches my level of acceptance. Oh sure there have been some that have succeeded, Tyreek Hill, Antonio Brown… a couple of ne’er-do-wells as humans.

I just don’t think that Tank is the real deal

Rob Lazer
      Participant

My biggest problem with Tank Dell is his age. But Stroud asked for him to be drafted specifically, so there is definitely some hope. Yes, his college competition wasn’t exactly the greatest, but sometimes ballers come out of nowhere “Coooer Kupp”! Am I drafting Tank before Mimms, Nope! But I have no problem taking him in round 3. I can’t believe you got Simms at pick 22, he went at pick 12 in the first draft I did. Mimms will be starting sooner than later, probably sooner if they can find some sucker to take Courtland Sutton.

Charles Fox
      Participant
      On Rob Lazer said

<p>My biggest problem with Tank Dell is his age. But Stroud asked for him to be drafted specifically, so there is definitely some hope. Yes, his college competition wasn’t exactly the greatest, but sometimes ballers come out of nowhere “Coooer Kupp”! Am I drafting Tank before Mimms, Nope! But I have no problem taking him in round 3. I can’t believe you got Simms at pick 22, he went at pick 12 in the first draft I did. Mimms will be starting sooner than later, probably sooner if they can find some sucker to take Courtland Sutton.</p>

Wow Rob. ANOTHER NAIL IN THE TANK DELL COFFIN. Had not looked at his age. Like I said, I had not even looked at his film after I saw his metrics and size.

He will be 24 in October. Not that age is as big of a concern for me with WRs. BUT, he was a grown man playing against children last year. No wonder he tore up his conference.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.