Need to Transform This Team…Right?

Homepage Forums Dynasty Need to Transform This Team…Right?

• This topic has 7 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 12 months ago by madewebr.
Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      madewebr
      Participant

First off, thanks Smitty for bringing the forums back! Love it!

Now onto business…

I’ve been in this weird rebuild stage for the last 2 seasons and need to get back on track. 12-team dynasty league with standard scoring except PPR (RB/WR) = 1 pt and TE = 1.5 pts. There is IDP (which I won’t include) and we have 48-man rosters.

QB (1): Rodgers, Love, Tannehill
      RB (1-2): Mostert, Damien Harris, Carter, Malik Davis
      WR (3): Amon-Ra, Godwin, Ridley, Jameson Williams, Gabe Davis, Meyers, Osborn
      TE (1-2): Pitts, Goedert, McBride, Fortson
      Rookie Draft: 1.02, 1.07, 1.10, 2.02, 2.11, 4.02, 4.11

Obviously RB is a major hole. The dilemma is that the owner of the 1.01 is taking Bijan. If I take Gibbs at 1.02, I will have 2 WRs and 1 RB from Detroit. Godwin is going on 28 and Ridley is also going on 29.

Struggling with what I should do and who I should try and move. Any advice is more than welcome!

• This topic was modified 12 months ago by madewebr.
      • This topic was modified 12 months ago by madewebr.
      RabidBucFan
      Participant

First off nothing wrong with having multiple players from the same team. Hell I’d even look a LaPorta.
      Gibbs would immediately become your RB1. Some may say it’s a reach but Achane at 1.07 wouldn’t be terrible. Mostert is a injury waiting to happen and if that happens Achane will fill his role.
      You can target either Chase Brown (backing up Mixon) or Zach Evans with the 2.11 – I’d rather have Brown.
      Ridley is a big question mark. If he comes back in game shape and starts off on fire you could try moving him while hot for a RB in the first few weeks.
      Getting either Kincaid or LaPorta would free up Pitts/Godert if anyone is looking for a starting TE. The only reason I even mention Pitts is because he seems like BOOM/BUST with the addition of Bijan, 2nd year for London and who knows what Ridder will do Pitts is a mystery.

@Smitty can you work your pick trade magic here?

RabidBucFan
      Participant

Forgot you can look for Perine he may be very busy in Denver

tmoney
      Participant

Take Gibbs or Kincaid (te premium)

madewebr
      Participant
      On RabidBucFan said

<p>First off nothing wrong with having multiple players from the same team. Hell I’d even look a LaPorta.
      Gibbs would immediately become your RB1. Some may say it’s a reach but Achane at 1.07 wouldn’t be terrible. Mostert is a injury waiting to happen and if that happens Achane will fill his role.
      You can target either Chase Brown (backing up Mixon) or Zach Evans with the 2.11 – I’d rather have Brown.
      Ridley is a big question mark. If he comes back in game shape and starts off on fire you could try moving him while hot for a RB in the first few weeks.
      Getting either Kincaid or LaPorta would free up Pitts/Godert if anyone is looking for a starting TE. The only reason I even mention Pitts is because he seems like BOOM/BUST with the addition of Bijan, 2nd year for London and who knows what Ridder will do Pitts is a mystery.</p>
      <p>@Smitty can you work your pick trade magic here?</p>

Really appreciate the feedback! I just have to get over the hurdle of having multiple potential starters from the same team. Like you said, nothing wrong with it, just more of a mental thing for me.

I like the idea of getting Kincaid with the 1.7. I do know that the owners of 1.03, 1.04 and 1.05 are targeting WRs, which would only leave one owner to pick before me with the 7th pick. There is a possibility he could drop to me, even with the TE PPR premium.

Definitely taking some notes here. Thanks again!

madewebr
      Participant
      On tmoney said

<p>Take Gibbs or Kincaid (te premium)</p>

I actually may be able to get both, even with the TE PPR premium. Bijon and Gibbs for the first 2 picks and then indications seem to be that the next three owners are going with WRs. That would leave one owner to pick right before me at the 1.07.

Of course a lot can change between now and my draft. If hype starts building, Kincaid could go earlier. Let’s hope things stay quiet this preseason 🙂

Chris Zinkel
      Participant

Maybe I am crazy, but you might want to consider a combo trade A-Rod and ARSB for Chase/Jefferson leaving you with Jameson and Gibbs. That gives you flex at the 1.07 to either pickup Richardson/Young to replenish QB or either rookie TE. Then flip (preferably) Goedart or Pitts for another player or picks.

I am not a believer in doing half rebuilds.

(I LOVE ARSB, but think that Jameson is a STUD and will eat into his target share come week 10 – be the WR1 on the team in the future when Detroit stops dinking and dunking aka – Hooker takes the reigns. ARSB is still a top 15 WR at worst though.)

madewebr
      Participant
      On Chris Zinkel said

<p>Maybe I am crazy, but you might want to consider a combo trade A-Rod and ARSB for Chase/Jefferson leaving you with Jameson and Gibbs. That gives you flex at the 1.07 to either pickup Richardson/Young to replenish QB or either rookie TE. Then flip (preferably) Goedart or Pitts for another player or picks. </p>
      <p>I am not a believer in doing half rebuilds. </p>
      <p>(I LOVE ARSB, but think that Jameson is a STUD and will eat into his target share come week 10 – be the WR1 on the team in the future when Detroit stops dinking and dunking aka – Hooker takes the reigns. ARSB is still a top 15 WR at worst though.)</p>

I like the contrarian perspective. Both owners of Jefferson and Chase have adequate QBs (Garoppolo, Carr, Purdy for one and Jackson, Mac Jones for the other), but a trade could be possible if they think Arod will have a good year. I’ll need to think about this one. Thanks!

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.