Potential Offer

Homepage Forums Trades Potential Offer

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      whosurdoggie

What side of this offer in a 12 team PPR dynasty league? Start 1QB and 1-5 at RB, WR & TE. Ekeler & Dobbins or Swift, JSN and 1.10. Is this too lopsided one way or the other?

Wutthecrapman

Well it all depends on how you look at it. The team receiving Ek and JK may want to win now. And on the flip side (the side I prefer) is looking to build for the next 5 or so years.

Chris Zinkel
      Participant

Swift and Dobbins are net/net – both need an injury for them to get the majority of the work and/or have injury risks of their own…

That leaves Ek for JSN and the 1.10. That is heavily tilted towards whoever receives EK as JSN has limited value until Lockett is gone and the 1.10 is a lotto ticket. If it was 1.2 – 1.4…that would be more fair.

whosurdoggie
      On Chris Zinkel said

<p>Swift and Dobbins are net/net – both need an injury for them to get the majority of the work and/or have injury risks of their own…</p>
      <p>That leaves Ek for JSN and the 1.10. That is heavily tilted towards whoever receives EK as JSN has limited value until Lockett is gone and the 1.10 is a lotto ticket. If it was 1.2 – 1.4…that would be more fair.</p>

Thanks Chris. I was the one giving EK and Dobbins but he passed and selected Mingo with the 1.10. His RB’s are A. Jones, Mixon and Swift.

Chris Zinkel
      Participant

I think you will be happy being rejected. Mingo is a good pickup, but a lotto ticket. Unless he cashes in, he is stuck with a team without an alpha – Jones is in a timeshare on a team that is unknown (Love), Mixon might not be on his team come July, and Swift (crowded RB room, a lot of other mouths to feed, and a QB that runs it in from the 5). Chin up Doggie…some of the best deals are the rejected ones. (famous last words of a contender that finishes in the dog house)

FarFromHome
      Participant

Ekeler is 27 but only has 811 career carries so his age is different compared to Zeke who is 27 with 1900 carries. I’d want more personally.

whosurdoggie
      On FarFromHome said

<p>Ekeler is 27 but only has 811 career carries so his age is different compared to Zeke who is 27 with 1900 carries. I’d want more personally.</p>

Valid points FFH. Thanks!

Wutthecrapman
      On FarFromHome said

<p>Ekeler is 27 but only has 811 career carries so his age is different compared to Zeke who is 27 with 1900 carries. I’d want more personally.</p>

Kareem Hunt is also 27 with 895 carries. And nobody’s biting to sign him.

FarFromHome
      Participant

Well. In the past two years Hunt has 1200 total yards and Ekeler has 3100 total yards. So theirs that

Smitty
      Keymaster
      On whosurdoggie said

What side of this offer in a 12 team PPR dynasty league? Start 1QB and 1-5 at RB, WR & TE. Ekeler & Dobbins or Swift, JSN and 1.10. Is this too lopsided one way or the other?

Well, I agree with the above. If the league could crumble, and you want to play for the now, ride Ekeler one more time I guess? If not, trade and build, if you can’t win.

Smitty
      Keymaster
      On whosurdoggie said
      On FarFromHome said

Valid points FFH. Thanks!

Good stats and arguable point. I would say, if i had to counter… Ekeler is not built like Zeke and Ekeler shouldn’t be a between the tackles guy like he is now. And, he was asked to do so much more last year as everyone was hurt. With Johnston now there, the targets will be dialed back, Moore is there which could be good play calling wise, but it’s a change. Change can be strange. Moore split work up between two backs. Ekeler has played through injuries, especially last year was a beast pushing through everything and playing all year, but he is banged up often and I just would rather be a year early than a year late when jumping ship. But, like chucks said, get more if you can?

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.