Rookie rb 1 2024?

Homepage Forums General Rookie rb 1 2024?

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • Author
      Hess
      Participant

Trey Benson is something special. .51 missed tackles per attempt is one of the highest in the last decade for a rb. It was .10 higher than Bijan at his best season at Texas.

Please take a look at video and let me know what you think below. My gut is telling me he’s something special and the more videos I see, it keeps confirming it.

I think Henderson is a little more complete with his route tree, but as of the draft commits so far I think Benson is the best. Corum has special vision, but lacks that 2nd gear like Benson.

Thoughts?

Charles Fox
      Participant

I like Benson. I am not concerned about his route tree as that can be coached. What I DID notice about his receiving skills is that he catches the ball with his hands with his arms outstretched and over the shoulder. For me that is more important.

But, I think I might like Braelon Allen better than Benson and Henderson

Hess
      Participant
      On Charles Fox said

<p>I like Benson. I am not concerned about his route tree as that can be coached. What I DID notice about his receiving skills is that he catches the ball with his hands with his arms outstretched and over the shoulder. For me that is more important.</p>
      <p>But, I think I might like Braelon Allen better than Benson and Henderson</p>

Braelon Allen is a tank and has a lot going for him. He’s young at 19 years old, and has been productive in college at Wisconsin. He constantly had stacked boxes and still managed to put up very good numbers. My concern for him is he lacks that home run speed and lacks that lateral movement to make guys miss. He tends to try to run over guys which is fine. He does catch with his hands and that’s good to see. Benson does have the same catching skills, and he can be shiftier. I’m interested to see where Smitty ranks these rbs before the draft, because I think this class is reliant on landing spot over anything. GB, Tenn, Minnesota seem to be good fits for Allen, but Benson would fit better with KC, Car, Wash, or Baltimore from what I’ve read.

Charles Fox
      Participant

TEST

Hess
      Participant

Another guy I’m really high on is Jonathan Brooks. He’s got the size and speed that you look for in a rb. He’s also got that elusiveness to get past lineman and gain decent chunks of yards. He can also receive the ball well with decent hands. He tore his acl in Nov so he’s probably going to fall in dynasty rookie drafts to end of 2nd round or even into the 3rd. Love the risk-reward

Charles Fox
      Participant

DON’T UNDERSTAND WHY NONE OF MY REPLIES POST!!!

Charles Fox
      Participant

So what is the deal? Can I not post links to NFL Draft Scout pages for the rookie RBs entering the 2024 draft? Is that the problem?

Charles Fox
      Participant

Okay… in that case

NFL Draft Scout lists Braelon Allen with the fastest 40 time of the 3
      Allen = 4.46 Avg / 4.37 Low
      Benson = 4.48 Avg / 4.40 Low
      Brooks = 4.49 Avg / 4.40 Low
      Corum = 4.42 Avg / 4.34 Low

There is another well-known pay site to which I subscribe that has them ranked
      Allen – 11
      Benson – 12
      Brooks – 13
      Corum – 16 – NOT INTERESTED – Too old too small for my tastes

Charles Fox
      Participant

I honestly don’t understand WHY I had to type that out!

Hess
      Participant
      On Charles Fox said

<p>I honestly don’t understand WHY I had to type that out!</p>

I am not sure why it isn’t posting, but probably from mentioning other sites. Funny that you typed about Braelon Allen. I was watching more tape on him, and he played injured he stated in an interview. He came out and said that he wished at times that he hadnt because it affected his performance. It’s true on the tape. Some videos show he’s really quick and it really shocked me since he’s basically a tank to tackle and has a decent little side step too. Other footage have him as being like a step behind it seemed but most likely from a leg injury. I’m definitely interested in him now especially if at 100% he’s that quick. He’s been healthy without any acl tears like Benson, Corum and Brooks. For me, it’s Allen and Benson now depending on the better situation.

I also watched all of Jonathon Brooks video and he seems average to me. He’s not going to be a top 10 rb, but he sees holes well, can catch some and kind of just moves the chains. I see him as a relaible RB 2 for a team with a good landing spot. Since he’s coming back from a bad knee injury, it may scare people to let him drop too much, but for a squad that needs him as a 3rd or 4th rb he’s not a bad gamble after the first round.

Hess
      Participant
      On Charles Fox said

<p>Okay… in that case</p>
      <p>NFL Draft Scout lists Braelon Allen with the fastest 40 time of the 3
      Allen = 4.46 Avg / 4.37 Low
      Benson = 4.48 Avg / 4.40 Low
      Brooks = 4.49 Avg / 4.40 Low
      Corum = 4.42 Avg / 4.34 Low</p>
      <p>There is another well-known pay site to which I subscribe that has them ranked
      Allen – 11
      Benson – 12
      Brooks – 13
      Corum – 16 – NOT INTERESTED – Too old too small for my tastes</p>

For Corum, I didn’t see that home run threat. I don’t know if he size is an issue, but he’s got very good vision. I wasn’t thrilled with what he can do, and unless he lands in a perfect spot, I can’t see taking him in a rookie draft until very bottom of round 2 or most likely round 3. I think Bucky Irving brings more to the table.

Hess
      Participant

Braelon Allen is another guy that certain people are on. If I had to rank my top 5,
      1. Trey Benson
      2. Jonathon Brooks
      3. Braelon Allen
      4. Blake Corum
      5. Bucky Irving

Charles Fox
      Participant

So it’s been a while since this thread was active. Have to add Jaylen Wright and put him in the top 4

Hess
      Participant

Here is my rankings for best fits. rb situation and rookie schemes from college

5 stars
      -Dallas- Deuce 3 yr. Zone
      -Chargers- gus edwards spiller 2 yr duo looks like inside zone but power Harbaugh
      -Arizona conner 1 yrs Carter 1 yr 2 yr demar zone

4 stars
      -Giants- Devin Singletary brightwell 1 yr/ gray 3 yr power
      -Cincinnati- Zack Moss 2 yr/ brown 3 yr zone
      -Patriots- Rhamondre Stevenson 1 yr Antonio Gibson zone

3 stars
      -Buffalo – James Cook 2 yr/ Hines 1 yr power
      -Raiders- white 2 yr power
      Minnesota- jones 1 yr, chandler 2 yrs zone
      -Carolina Sanders 2 yrs and Chubba 1 yr zone
      -Washington-Austin Ekeler b rob 2 yr/ c rod 3 yr zone
      -houston- mixon, pierce 2 yr power
      -Baltimore-Derrick Henry 2 yrs mitchell 2 yr inj/hill 1 yr power
      -Cleveland chubb 1 yr/ford2 yr/ strong 2 yr power
      -Denver- javonte 1 yr/perine 1 yr/Mclaughlin 2 yr power

2 stars
      -Eagles- Saquon Barkley- powergainwell 1 yr zone
      -Tennessee- Tony Pollardspears 3 yr haskins 2 yr pollard power
      -Bears- DeAndre Swift 3 yrs, herbert 1 yr/johnson 3 yr power
      -Chiefs Pacheco 2 yrs power
      -Tampa- white 2 yr/ tucker 2 yr zone
      -Pittsburgh najee 2 yrs/warren 1 yr power
      -Miami Mostert1 yr Achane 3 yr Wilson 1 yr zone
      -Packers- Josh Jacobs zone

1 star
      -49ers- cmc 2 yrs/ Mitchell 3 yr zone w/ power
      -Rams- kyren 2 yrs/rivers/ Evans 3 yrs zone w/ power
      -Saints kamara 2 years-jamal will 2 yrs/miller 3 yr zone
      -Jets breece hall 2 yrs/ abankanda 3 yrs zone
      -Colts- jt 3 yrs zone
      -Jacksonville- etn 2 yes/tank 3 yr power
      -Det- Gibbs4 yrs monty 2 yrs zone
      -Falcons bijan 4 yrs allegier 2 yr zone shift to power (mcvay)
      -Seahawks- walker 2 yr/charb 3 yr/ Macintosh zone

Braelon Allen inside zone
      Trey benson outside zone
      Jonathon brooks inside and outside zone
      Blake Corum duo split zone
      Jaylen wright zone
      Frank Gore zone
      Bucky Irving zone
      Marshawn Lloyd
      Isaac Guereno power
      Audric Estime inside zone
      Ray Davis zone
      Will Shipley

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.