SAFE TO KEEP ETIENNE AND WALKER???

Homepage Forums General SAFE TO KEEP ETIENNE AND WALKER???

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • Author
      Charles Fox
      Participant

In my 10-Team NoPPR Max 3 keeper league I can keep both Etienne and Walker for my 2023 6th and 9th round picks respectively. I am not too worried about Tank, but Charbs scares me for keeping Walker even for my 9th. But, since it is only a 15 man roster with 1 any-injury slot, Should I also be worried about Etienne?

Here is my current team with prospective keeper costs. Players with ADP won’t have their cost determined until a few days before the draft. I cleaned out my team favor of prospective keepers. If I keep JT then I can only keep one of the others. Normally I keep RBs becaus3e it is NoPPR, but with all the questions surrounding Etienne and Walker, that may change this year.

Had been planning to keep Etienne and Walker and maybe Wilson

Jonathan Taylor – 1st
      Travis Etienne 6th
      Kenneth Walker III – 9th
      J.K. Dobbins – 11th
      Rachaad White – 15th
      Miles Sanders – 15th
      James Cook -15th
      D’Onta Foreman – 15th
      Rashaad Penny – 15th
      Raheem Mostert – 15th
      Khalil Herbert – 15th
      Elijah Mitchell – ADP
      Javonte Williams – ADP
      DeAndre Hopkins 15th
      Garrett Wilson 15th
      Justin Fields 15th

FarFromHome
      Participant

Hmmmmm. I love Taylor but I’d kick him back. At first quick glance Wilson is a for sure for a 15th. Etienne as a 6th seems solid. Im also in a keep 3 league, but with no draft picks restrictions. Just straight up keep 3. I’m on the fence with Walker. I guess for u losing a 9th the value is there. I’d monitor off-season talk with him so see how him and the rookie are lining up. If it’s already a 50/50 split with the rookie idnlean dobbins in the 11th.

Charles Fox
      Participant

Thanks FFH.

I also own Walker in a D-League where I draft at 1.08. Hoping to sell some pieces to move up to 1.01 or 1.02. But if I can’t I will probably take Charbonnet at 1.08 is he falls to me. This league is also NoPPR

Wutthecrapman

I would, in this day an age, quality Rbs are hard to come by

Charles Fox
      Participant

Thanks WTCM. This is a 10 team league so the most that can be kept is 30 players. and any team keeping a player that costs between rounds 1-5 can only keep 1 additional player that must cost a pick after round 5. So somewhere between 20 to 30 players will be kept. I am pretty sure that 3 or 4 teams will likely be limited to 2 keepers. So, if I kept Hopkins and Wilson, then I could keep 1 RB. A lot of time until keeper declarations are due as the draft is on Labor Day

• This reply was modified 10 months, 2 weeks ago by Charles Fox.
      Chris Zinkel
      Participant

First off – nice team.

I would keep Wilson, Dobbins, and Etienne. IMO Dobbins is more secure within his own team – Lamar’s healthy, added weapons on the outside giving bigger lanes and he showed massive signs of being the player they thought he was when they drafted him.

Charles Fox
      Participant

Thanks Chris. Was originally thinking of keeping Etienne, Walker and Dobbins and MIGHT still do that because it is NoPPR. But keeping Wilson for my 15th round pick is becomming compelling

Chris Zinkel
      Participant
      On Charles Fox said

<p>Thanks Chris. Was originally thinking of keeping Etienne, Walker and Dobbins and MIGHT still do that because it is NoPPR. But keeping Wilson for my 15th round pick is becomming compelling</p>

<be>
      Wilson is a top 10 WR waiting to happen. Walker SHOULD be a top-10 RB…(dunt dunt duuuuuuuuunnnnn)

I go with probability. I believe it is more likely that Wilson is the apple (get it…NY…Big Apple) of ARod’s eye and he has close to GB Davante numbers. Walker probably is a 60/40 at years end…which is great if they rush for 2,700+ yards.

Charles Fox
      Participant

Since I own Metcalf in a PPR D-League, 2700 combined yards rushing is not all that appealing.

PLUS, since in a different NoPPR D-League, I own Walker along with, Breece, Pollard, Dobbins, Dalvin, Mattison, Kamara and Zeke in a start 2 MAX RBs, 2700 combined rushing yards will make me NUTS especially if I wind up taking Charbonnet at 1.08.

I am hoping to sell Dalvin, Kamara and Zeke along with others I will have to otherwise cut to move up from 1.08 to 1.01 or 1.02. I have 31 players and have to be down to 23 before the Labor Day draft. Selling players at bargain basement prices is a distnct possibility. Would be willing to package players plus my 1.08 and 2.08 to move up to 1.01/2.01 or 1.02/2.02

Smitty
      Keymaster

Wilson is a must, he’s a top 8-12 overall player.

Charles Fox
      Participant

It is NoPPR… But, since Wilson was not drafted my cost of keeping him is my 15th round pick. So that is pretty much a done deal for me.

I will probably keep Wison, Etienne and either Walker or Dobbins. Will not be keeping Fields even though he would cost me my 14th round pick. It’s only 1 QB and I don’t trust him enough to fore go a 2nd RB

Chris Zinkel
      Participant
      On Charles Fox said

<p>Since I own Metcalf in a PPR D-League, 2700 combined yards rushing is not all that appealing.</p>
      <p>PLUS, since in a different NoPPR D-League, I own Walker along with, Breece, Pollard, Dobbins, Dalvin, Mattison, Kamara and Zeke in a start 2 MAX RBs, 2700 combined rushing yards will make me NUTS especially if I wind up taking Charbonnet at 1.08. </p>
      <p>I am hoping to sell Dalvin, Kamara and Zeke along with others I will have to otherwise cut to move up from 1.08 to 1.01 or 1.02. I have 31 players and have to be down to 23 before the Labor Day draft. Selling players at bargain basement prices is a distnct possibility. Would be willing to package players plus my 1.08 and 2.08 to move up to 1.01/2.01 or 1.02/2.02</p>

<be>
      Might want to wait on selling Dalvin until he signs. If he does in fact sign with Miami – Talk about a video game team – his numbers early in the year are going to be bananas.

Wutthecrapman
      On Chris Zinkel said
      On Charles Fox said

<p><p>Since I own Metcalf in a PPR D-League, 2700 combined yards rushing is not all that appealing.</p>
      <p>PLUS, since in a different NoPPR D-League, I own Walker along with, Breece, Pollard, Dobbins, Dalvin, Mattison, Kamara and Zeke in a start 2 MAX RBs, 2700 combined rushing yards will make me NUTS especially if I wind up taking Charbonnet at 1.08. </p>
      <p>I am hoping to sell Dalvin, Kamara and Zeke along with others I will have to otherwise cut to move up from 1.08 to 1.01 or 1.02. I have 31 players and have to be down to 23 before the Labor Day draft. Selling players at bargain basement prices is a distnct possibility. Would be willing to package players plus my 1.08 and 2.08 to move up to 1.01/2.01 or 1.02/2.02</p>
      </p>

<p><be>
      Might want to wait on selling Dalvin until he signs. If he does in fact sign with Miami – Talk about a video game team – his numbers early in the year are going to be bananas.</p>

How many TDs are there to go around though? If Dalvin does sign with Miami. It will also crush the redraft value of Achane.

Charles Fox
      Participant

Ya… this is all just thinking out loud at this point. Have to cut 8 players on the Friday before Labor Day. I might end up keeping Dalvin. But, if I could package him to move up to 1.01… he’s gone

Chris Zinkel
      Participant
      On Charles Fox said

<p>Ya… this is all just thinking out loud at this point. Have to cut 8 players on the Friday before Labor Day. I might end up keeping Dalvin. But, if I could package him to move up to 1.01… he’s gone</p>

<be>

Good thinkin’ but it will be tough to get to the 1.01 pick with B Rob available. Not an easy feat given how much people are in love with him.

Charles Fox
      Participant

So, I will have to trim my roster from 31 to 23 players a couple of days before the Rookie / Free Agent draft on Labor Day. Anybody that I can’t sell will have to be cut. So, I am not aversed to having a fire sale if I can get to 1.01 or 1.02. I could see selling Cook, Mattison and Kamara in a package if it got me to 1.01 maybe add in my 1.08 if I also netted pick 2.01

Here is my current team – Numbers are my current dynasty ranking based upon a combination of 3 fantasy sites
      Starting requirements are QB / RB / RB-WR flex / WR / WR-TE flex / TE / DST / K. Scoring is NoPPR and No bonuses with 6 points for all TDs and fractional yardage scoring.
      Josh Allen – 21
      Justin Herbert – 53
      Russell Wilson – 116
      Sam Howell – 198 – Cut? – Would like to see what he does this year
      Breece Hall – 4
      Kenneth Walker III – 11
      Tony Pollard – 19
      J.K. Dobbins – 68
      Dalvin Cook – 56 – Trade? – Will keep him if I can’t package him to get to 1.02. Anxious to see where he land. But, he is 28 so the time is ripe for moving him
      Alvin Kamara – 74 – Trade?
      Alexander Mattison 139 -Trade? – He should be more valuable with Cook gone
      Ezekiel Elliott – 176 – Trade?
      CeeDee Lamb – 11
      A.J. Brown – 14
      Christian Watson – 30
      Chris Godwin – 48
      Calvin Ridley – 61
      Nico Collins – 151
      Alec Pierce – 183
      Romeo Doubs – 190
      Darnell Mooney – 144 – Trade? – I really want to get off of him
      Rashid Shaheed – 166 – Cut?
      Chase Claypool – 171 – Trade? – I really want to get off of him
      Terrace Marshall Jr – 289 – Cut?
      Kyle Pitts – 26
      Mark Andrews – 39
      T.J. Hockenson – 44
      Jelani Woods – 155
      Jets – DST
      Buccaneers – DST – Cut?
      Jason Myers – I can cut him, but I will have to add a kicker before the 1st game.

• This reply was modified 10 months, 2 weeks ago by Charles Fox.
Viewing 15 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.