St Brown could be Top 5 in the league in TDs?

Homepage Forums Redraft St Brown could be Top 5 in the league in TDs?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Smitty
      Keymaster

This prediction is not bold at all to me. However, it appears many disagree with this stance, probably because St. Brown has only scored 5TDs and 6TDs in his two NFL seasons. And, I can understand how someone might come to terms with that being his TD sweet spot given you have two seasons to go off of. However, the miscalculation that I believe is taking place with this thinking is that St. Brown had two distinct reasons why he only scored 5TDs in 2021 (rookie year) and 6TDs (last year), and if no one looks deep into the numbers and reasons why, they will overlook what’s really going on. Injury risk could be one’s only argument against St. Brown dropping 10TD and even a near league-leading TD (receiving) season. What? How you ask?

First off, St. Brown was not used as the main guy until his final six games in 2021, at which point he scored 6TDs in those six games. He also scored second out of all fantasy football wide receivers in that final six games (second to only Justin Jefferson). You can’t use his stats prior to Week 13, when he wasn’t getting insane targets (and wasn’t firmly in that Lions’ #1WR role). Look at…

Keep Reading Here

Thoughts?

Smitty
      Keymaster

Thoughts?

Chris Zinkel
      Participant
      On Smitty said

<p>Thoughts?</p>

Hmmmm…love ARSB…here it comes…BUT…I think the addition of Gibbs, the TE (he will go nameless until he proves he deserves it), and Jameson after week 6 horse collar him.

I think two things prohibit him from crushing it this year.
      1. Game flow – big leads because of their track meet style, big leads loss – bad defense, catch-up ball. I think Dan Campbell puts it all together and things are a lot more consistent…them getting leads early and them holding with actual defense and balance.
      2. they are still a run-first offense. Will Monty get the same TD total as Williams – I bet the under. Will Gibbs have more TD’s than Swift – over. Will the TE have more than Hock – over (he had 3). Will Jameson score more TD’s this year – over (he had 1). Will Goff be given the keys to the castle and throw the ball all over the yard – push (had 29 last year).

Can ARSB score more TD’s this year as TD’s can be screwy – I think yes, but I think the trend continues upwards slowly – 7/8 this year. I think he balls out with catches and yards early and then slows down after week 8 once the young bucks slow down and Jameson is back.

My Projections:
      Goff – 30
      ARSB – 8
      Gibbs – 5
      Monty – 3
      TE – 5 (combo of)
      Marvin – 6 (this guy has always been a thorn in my fantasy side scoring when he shouldn’t be thrown the ball – yes I am bitter)
      Reynold – 2
      Random – 1 (Goff catches a pass from Monty)

Chris Zinkel
      Participant

I meant to say run first offense inside the 10. I also forgot Jameson’s TD totals which I think are 4 so increase Goff to 33 and lose someone else’s number – Jones hopefully.

Wutthecrapman

The team doesn’t look for him in the RZ. sure he’ll be a target hog first half of the season. But then what happens? He’s the Lions version of Dionte Johnson

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.