Television…Movies…Streaming

Homepage Forums Movies TV Television…Movies…Streaming

Viewing 21 reply threads
  • Author
      FarFromHome
      Participant

Oh ya. Not a Smitty forum without the infamous, “What the hell are we watching.” One thread for reviews and comments in regards to what we are liking and not liking.

Watched the new Jordan movie Air. Let me start by saying it was February 10th, 1985 and I was 10. I was already a sports fan, but only football and baseball. It was the NBA all star game and I didn’t really know much about basketball. I saw this guy with red and black and white shoes. I couldn’t stop watching him. I was sold. The GOAT. Absolutely love everything Jordan. ESPN Last Dance was epic. This movie? Meh. Great cast. Definitely worth a watch but not a top 50 sports movie.

• This topic was modified 11 months, 2 weeks ago by Smitty.
      Smitty
      Keymaster
      On FarFromHome said

Oh ya. Not a Smitty forum without the infamous, “What the hell are we watching.” One thread for reviews and comments in regards to what we are liking and not liking.

Watched the new Jordan movie Air. Let me start by saying it was February 10th, 1985 and I was 10. I was already a sports fan, but only football and baseball. It was the NBA all star game and I didn’t really know much about basketball. I saw this guy with red and black and white shoes. I couldn’t stop watching him. I was sold. The GOAT. Absolutely love everything Jordan. ESPN Last Dance was epic. This movie? Meh. Great cast. Definitely worth a watch but not a top 50 sports movie.

Nice, buddy. I still haven’t seen that Jordan/Bulls documentary yet.

Smitty
      Keymaster

I’m watching Mandalorian new season… Love it.

FarFromHome
      Participant
      On Smitty said

<p>I’m watching Mandalorian new season… Love it.</p>

I enjoyed it

RabidBucFan
      Participant

Howdy @FarFromHome
      I’m waiting for season two of Reacher

FarFromHome
      Participant
      On RabidBucFan said

<p>Howdy @FarFromHome
      I’m waiting for season two of Reacher </p>

Surprisenly I like season 1. Went in with zero expectations. Not bad. Not great but decent

Smitty
      Keymaster
      On RabidBucFan said

Howdy @FarFromHome
      I’m waiting for season two of Reacher

I need to try Reacher again

Hess
      Participant

Ted Lasso is pretty good. Seasons 1&2 are a must see.

RabidBucFan
      Participant

@hess đź‘Ť

Smitty
      Keymaster
      On Hess said

Ted Lasso is pretty good. Seasons 1&2 are a must see.

never seen it.. need to try

FarFromHome
      Participant

Disappointing this thread is gonna be hidden away like this.

Smitty
      Keymaster
      On FarFromHome said

Disappointing this thread is gonna be hidden away like this.

Well, the more you post on it the more it floats tot he top. I created an entire forum for this. On the main homepage, scroll to the bottom for all the forums. You can create a new topic for each show or movie.

RabidBucFan
      Participant

I’ve heard Rabbit Hole is good.
      I enjoyed Will Trent. However, I’ve also listened to all the books on audible so I was familiar with the characters.

Swampies

I highly recommend the Flight Attendant
      https://youtu.be/OP_WC5oOCe8

tmoney
      Participant

The Last of Us was awesome if you haven’t watched it yet.

Swampies
      On tmoney said

<p>The Last of Us was awesome if you haven’t watched it yet.</p>

Loved the last of us! Such great writing! The one thing I loved is how they didn’t get involved with dragging out the drama with characters. Short and sweet and moved on! Something the writers of the walking should have done a long time ago! Also any character was for game to die at anytime which was refreshing too!

Smitty
      Keymaster
      On Swampies said
      On tmoney said

<p>The Last of Us was awesome if you haven’t watched it yet.</p>

Loved the last of us! Such great writing! The one thing I loved is how they didn’t get involved with dragging out the drama with characters. Short and sweet and moved on! Something the writers of the walking should have done a long time ago! Also any character was for game to die at anytime which was refreshing too!

It is very good

FarFromHome
      Participant

Obviously if you haven’t seen Paramount Yellowstone that’s a must. Great show. I’m gonna be honest and say the Paramount prequel 1883 is better. Such a great show. Epic Western stuff. Great cast. Great story. If I hadn’t seen any of this storyline I’d watch em in order

Yellowstone

1883 my fav of the 3

FarFromHome
      Participant

If you have never watched Band of Brothers today is the day to start. Put in 1 to 2 episodes today. Such a wonderful journey this show takes u on. When it first came out I was stationed in Germany. Overseas we had the American Armed Forces Network. It was 3 channels. Every Sunday night they showed an episode. We would pile together and watch. Amazing. Can’t explain the feelings of emotion I experience when I watch it even today. God bless those soldiers.

Smitty
      Keymaster

I have to watch this again it’s been a while

Andrew Oberhofer
      Participant

Currently watching .. What we don in the shadows , Ahsoka , Winning Time and Wheel of Time

Charles Fox
      Participant
      On FarFromHome said

<p>If you have never watched Band of Brothers today is the day to start. Put in 1 to 2 episodes today. Such a wonderful journey this show takes u on. When it first came out I was stationed in Germany. Overseas we had the American Armed Forces Network. It was 3 channels. Every Sunday night they showed an episode. We would pile together and watch. Amazing. Can’t explain the feelings of emotion I experience when I watch it even today. God bless those soldiers. </p>

I own the series. Started watching and then got away from it. Same for Breaking Bad, although part of my problem with Breaking Bad is no subtitles. I am deaf in one ear and can’t hear out of the other.

Last movie I saw in the theater was MI # 5,280… Theater had a blue tooth closed caption device that worked very well although the sound was good enough that I didn’t need it much. One of these days I will see an audiologist

Viewing 21 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.