Trade Lamar Jackson?

Homepage Forums Dynasty Trade Lamar Jackson?

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      madewebr
      Participant

16-team dynasty league; standard scoring except 1.5 PPR = TE and 1 PPR WR/RB
      IDP (will exclude for this post)

My team is in need of a full rebuild. The only valuable player I have is Lamar Jackson. A potential trading partner needs a QB badly to compete and has a ton of picks.

Should I trade Lamar Jackson for the 1.11, 1.15 and 2024 1st (likely a top 8 pick)?

QB (1): Lamar Jackson
      RB (1-2): Allgeier, Michael Carter, Malik Davis
      WR (3) Jameson Williams, Cooks, Jakobi Meyers, Osborne, Hardman, OBJ, Allen Robinson
      TE (1-2): Kincaid, Juwan Johnson, Jonnu Smith
      Rookie Picks Left (took Kincaid at 1.4): 1.16, 2.04, 3.04

It should be noted, Robinson and Stroud are gone, but Bryce Young will be available at the 1.11. Currently on the 9th pick in the rookie draft.

Thanks!

madewebr
      Participant

***UPDATE***

I received the following counteroffer:

Give up Lamar Jackson -for- 1.11, 1.15, 2.01, and 2024 2nd (should be in the 2.01-2.08 range).

Bryce Young will be available at the 1.11.

Rob Lazer
      Participant

You should do the trade. If you get Young at 11, I would consider that a win. Since you would then have 15, 16, 17 & 20 overall, you can hopefully end up with some combo of Roschon, LaPorta or Mayer, Hyatt or Mingo and then another wr/rb unless you want some Will Levis action.

madewebr
      Participant
      On Rob Lazer said

<p>You should do the trade. If you get Young at 11, I would consider that a win. Since you would then have 15, 16, 17 & 20 overall, you can hopefully end up with some combo of Roschon, LaPorta or Mayer, Hyatt or Mingo and then another wr/rb unless you want some Will Levis action.</p>

Thanks for the reply Rob!

I ended up trading Lamar and Brandin Cooks for the 1.11, 1.15, 2.01, 2.06, 2.11. This was in addition to the 1.16 and 2.04 that I already had. Right now we are on the 2.09 in the draft. Pretty pleased with how things are turning out (at least on paper):

1.04 – Kincaid
      1.11 – Young
      1.15 – Charbonnet
      1.16 – LaPorta
      2.01 – Mingo
      2.04 – Dell
      2.06 – Archane
      2.11 – ???

TEs carry a premium in my league with 1.5 PPR and the ability to start two (2) TEs, so I went with Kincaid early and followed up with LaPorta. Hopefully some of these guys will pan out.

Rob Lazer
      Participant

I am completely flabbergasted that Charb’s was there at 15 overall. Devon Achane being available at 22 overall is criminal. He is made for that offense in Miami. So Smitty was right about Tank Dell, all the news out of Houston has been great. In my dynasty draft I participated in early June, I snagged him at 25 overall. Hopefully some of the Lottery ticket rbs are available at 2.11.

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.