WAY TOO EARLY DRAFT PREP

Homepage Forums Dynasty WAY TOO EARLY DRAFT PREP

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • Author
      Charles Fox
      Participant

This is for a 10-Team No-PPR D-League with a roster size of 28 players PLUS 3 any-injury slots.

Draft won’t happen until late August. But, each team has to reduce its roster to 23 by declaring the players to be kept. I always try to sell the cast-offs for draft picks.

I FINALLY won this league in 2023… 1st time since 2016. I am always trying to get younger

Starting requirements are QB, RB, WR, TE, RB-WR, WR-TE, DST, K It is very hard to win this league with such small starting requirements. Massive depth is only slightly beneficial

Roster – Likely keepers Have to eliminate 8 players
      QB – Allen, Herbert, Levis, Howell, O’Connell
      RB – Breece, Bijan, Achane, Pollard, Allgeier, Abanikanda, Dobbins, Keaton Mitchell, Chase Brown, Jaleel McLaughlin
      WR – Lamb, AJ Brown, Nico Collins, Christian Watson, Doubs, Shakir, Trey Palmer, Alec Pierce, Parker Washington
      TE – Andrews, Pitts, Kincaid, Friermuth
      DST – Jets, Jaguars
      K – Jason Meyers – Won’t keep a kicker, but will have to add one before the start of the season
      2023 Draft Picks – 1.08, 1.10, 2.02, 2.08, 2.10, 3.10, 4.10, 5.10

There is a team that has both Mixon and Javonte Williams that will probably be a contender in 2024
      Roster
      QB – Mahomes, PrescottR
      RB – Mixon, Rhamondre Stevenson, Javonte Williams, Devin Singletary, Chuba Hubbard, Ezekiel Elliott, Michael Carter, Keaontay Ingram, Sean Tucker, Deuce Vaughn, Evan Hull
      WR – Justin Jefferson, Deebo Samuel, Puka Nacua, Tank Dell, Rashid Shaheed, Gabe Davis, Treylon Burks, Jonathan Mingo, Hunter Renfrow, Mecole Hardman, Chase Claypool, DeVante Parker
      TE – George Kittle, Hunter Henry
      DST – 49ers
      K – Brandon McManus, Graham Gano
      2024 Draft Picks – 1.05, 2.05, 3.05, 4.05, 5.05

I would be happy to sell Pollard and maybe Friermuth and he could use the handcuffs of Chase Brown and McLaughlin. All 4 of them could bring the 1.05, but I am not sure he will make such a deal

Just thinking out loud here. Any deal would not happen until shortly before the draft in late August

Hess
      Participant
      On Charles Fox said

<p>This is for a 10-Team No-PPR D-League with a roster size of 28 players PLUS 3 any-injury slots. </p>
      <p>Draft won’t happen until late August. But, each team has to reduce its roster to 23 by declaring the players to be kept. I always try to sell the cast-offs for draft picks.</p>
      <p>I FINALLY won this league in 2023… 1st time since 2016. I am always trying to get younger</p>
      <p>Starting requirements are QB, RB, WR, TE, RB-WR, WR-TE, DST, K It is very hard to win this league with such small starting requirements. Massive depth is only slightly beneficial</p>
      <p>Roster – Likely keepers Have to eliminate 8 players
      QB – Allen, Herbert, Levis, Howell, O’Connell
      RB – Breece, Bijan, Achane, Pollard, Allgeier, Abanikanda, Dobbins, Keaton Mitchell, Chase Brown, Jaleel McLaughlin
      WR – Lamb, AJ Brown, Nico Collins, Christian Watson, Doubs, Shakir, Trey Palmer, Alec Pierce, Parker Washington
      TE – Andrews, Pitts, Kincaid, Friermuth
      DST – Jets, Jaguars
      K – Jason Meyers – Won’t keep a kicker, but will have to add one before the start of the season
      2023 Draft Picks – 1.08, 1.10, 2.02, 2.08, 2.10, 3.10, 4.10, 5.10</p>
      <p>There is a team that has both Mixon and Javonte Williams that will probably be a contender in 2024
      Roster
      QB – Mahomes, PrescottR
      RB – Mixon, Rhamondre Stevenson, Javonte Williams, Devin Singletary, Chuba Hubbard, Ezekiel Elliott, Michael Carter, Keaontay Ingram, Sean Tucker, Deuce Vaughn, Evan Hull
      WR – Justin Jefferson, Deebo Samuel, Puka Nacua, Tank Dell, Rashid Shaheed, Gabe Davis, Treylon Burks, Jonathan Mingo, Hunter Renfrow, Mecole Hardman, Chase Claypool, DeVante Parker
      TE – George Kittle, Hunter Henry
      DST – 49ers
      K – Brandon McManus, Graham Gano
      2024 Draft Picks – 1.05, 2.05, 3.05, 4.05, 5.05</p>
      <p>I would be happy to sell Pollard and maybe Friermuth and he could use the handcuffs of Chase Brown and McLaughlin. All 4 of them could bring the 1.05, but I am not sure he will make such a deal</p>
      <p>Just thinking out loud here. Any deal would not happen until shortly before the draft in late August</p>

I’d keep Chase Brown over Dobbins. He’s a free agent and has had 2 major leg injuries that if or when he ever gets back, he will never be the same. Brown looked good in limited usage. Move Mclaughlin, Dobbins Pollard and your 1.8 and get his 1.5 and another piece (maybe Tank Dell if you can). I think there is a tier break after the 1.5 so you’re getting a mhj, Bowers, Nabers, odunze, or even caleb/Brian Thomas/ Coleman whoever you prefer.

Charles Fox
      Participant

Well, it’s a long way off and a lot can happen. I doubt that he bites on Dobbins, but, I could be wrong. Don’t WANT to sell Chase Brown as I was excited to get him in the 3rd round last year. But it’s a numbers game and I will have to trim 8 players one way or another. Mixon will be 28 in July so I may be holding Brown outright.

I am a Nico Collins owner and I despise Tank The Dwarf so I won’t be seeking him. Passed The Dwarf up for Marvin Mims who I still think has more talent. Hopefully Jeudy or Sutton walks. Might go after Mingo or Shaheed. But perhaps not as even if I move McLaughlin, Pollard and Dobbins, I would still have 5 other players to move.

Hess
      Participant
      On Charles Fox said

<p>Well, it’s a long way off and a lot can happen. I doubt that he bites on Dobbins, but, I could be wrong. Don’t WANT to sell Chase Brown as I was excited to get him in the 3rd round last year. But it’s a numbers game and I will have to trim 8 players one way or another. Mixon will be 28 in July so I may be holding Brown outright.</p>
      <p>I am a Nico Collins owner and I despise Tank The Dwarf so I won’t be seeking him. Passed The Dwarf up for Marvin Mims who I still think has more talent. Hopefully Jeudy or Sutton walks. Might go after Mingo or Shaheed. But perhaps not as even if I move McLaughlin, Pollard and Dobbins, I would still have 5 other players to move.</p>

Remember TY Hilton was just a little guy. And made himself quite the career as a dwarf. In today’s NFL, speed and separation kills.

Charles Fox
      Participant

Interesting comparison… Still not impressed with Dell. He got a look in the NFL because he was a grown man playing against CHILDREN in the SWAC.

Pro Football Reference says that they are both 5’10” but TY weighs nearly 20 pounds more.

Dell’s 40 time at the Combine was a pathetic 4.49 although he had a pretty good 10-Yard split at 1.50.

Hiltons 40 time was 4.34 with a 10-Yard split of 1.53 but he was 18 pounds heavier.

I know that Dell is illusive, but so is Kadarius Toney. I was all in on Toney and had him in both of my D-Leagues. Got tired of his prima donna schtick.

Just not sold on Dell and won’t be buying. Don’t like 24 year old rookies either. Texans’ website lists him at 165 pounds. I don’t think he will last

If I am gonna take a flyer on a shrimp WR I will look to buy Marvin Mims or Zay Flowers, both of whom played in better college conferences, maybe even Xavier Gipson who I had rostered for a while. I already own Tre Tucker

Chris Zinkel
      Participant

I agree with Hess – Brown is the way to go; Dobbins is cooked. I like both WR’s – Dell and Collins. One of them seems to always be hurt and the other one eats when that is the case. WR handcuffs…fantasy 2.0

Charles Fox
      Participant

So, the only reason I own Dobbins is because I also have Keaton Mitchell. Gus is an unrestricted FA this year so I doubt he stays. They gave a bigger look to Justice Hill, but I don’t see him as the RB1 and I think that Mitchell will get more playing time if not become the RB1. BUT Dobbins is an injury concern to say the least.

I will have to reduce my roster to 23 players a few days before the draft which won’t be until late August, which is why I said this is Way Too Early. I know that I can’t sell Dobbins, but, I might be able to package some stuff to the 1.05 owner who owns Mixon and Javonte Williams. Have to see what happens in the NFL draft.

I do like Brown and if it wasn’t for the pre-draft roster size issue I would keep Brown. However, we don’t know exactly how much Mixon has left in the tank. Mixon won’t be a free agent until 2025. PLUS Chase Brown will be 24 in just over a month, so he is not exactly a spring chicken. If Smitty is right about the age 27 cliff then there is no thinking of anything past 3 years for Brown who still has to beat out Bijan, Breece and Achane.

If I can trade for 1.05, I should land a WR or even Bowers and still have 1.08, 1.10 and 2.02 to land a RB

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.